Friday, February 8, 2013

The Listener .

I have always been told that I am a great listener. Have always been the friend that people would come to and confided in.
Always listened. Never judged.
It's often made me wonder why people, and even complete strangers chose to confide in me... ME? 
Perhaps it goes with that saying that it is easier to talk to a stranger? Fermones perhaps? Who knows. Whatever the reasoning's,  I embrace it... and sometimes can be a weight to bear because of my heart. 
My little empathetic heart. 
A heart that is often riddled with worries for others, even those that I don't have any particular emotional ties to. They're own secret cheerleader.  So full of anticipation for something go right for them, and the tides to turn for them. 
The heart-wrenched people when something did not quite pan out how they had envisioned, and oh so desperately wished for. Why am I always rushing to the aid of mere acquaintances when I really have no obligation to? When they can so easily forget me? 
And often do. 
My little empathetic heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment