Friday, February 8, 2013

Handful .

At this very moment there are about 7 billion people in this world. 
Many of which are breathing, living... hurting. 
Each one worth helping. Each one worth saving. 
 100 years from now, forgotten.
Not one of us asked to be here or had anything to do with this existence, 
and thing called 
"Life."
We live in this world, hoping to make a difference, and to leave our mark on it. 
Everyone is constantly seeking meaning and purpose, 
and yet in the end, they are also, forgotten.
But, there are a few...
A handful of people that will be remembered. Those whose lives will indeed leave a mark and resonate through time. Remembered for the charity they exercised,  the suffering they relieved, the kindness spoken in their words, and the helping hands they affectionately extended.
  I am one of 7 billion, 
but choose to not be the forgotten. 
My heart is one that beats with potential, one that I want to echo long after I am gone.
Perhaps destined to be forgotten, but I choose to be the handful.
It doesn't have to be be outrageous, it just has to come from a good place and the intention of doing something... incredible.


"I expect to pass through this life once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn


No comments:

Post a Comment