Thursday, February 21, 2013

Soul Mate.

Over my years, I have often read: "I don't write love poetry."  But in my case, truth.  The love I have written about has always been an idea, a fragment of how it is envisioned and played in my mind. Events and people have always inspired me, but love is a different category for me. People have inspired the page, the ink, but no one has ever inspired {the poem.}
I believe the one person that God has placed on this earth for me, will remove the {brackets} and become... My Poem.


Soul mate.
We will not meet somewhere.
We are in each other all along.
Our 2 minds, in-flexed.
A luminous ghost in my subconscious.
You often dream of me in the moon.
I think of you through these empty streets.
A love waiting in our dreams,
that is never let to fade.
You are my mirror, and I am yours.
If your presence is absent,
I never get lost looking for you.
You live in my heart.
Your fingerprints ingrained with my own.
I hide myself in your memory,
and you, in mine.
How will you know it's me?
The potency in my voice.
You will hear the sound,
and I will tell you...
You found me.






No comments:

Post a Comment