Thursday, March 7, 2013

Flame Of Hope .

There are times in my somewhat hectic life that I sit, and wish that for just one moment,
the world would stop spinning.
A small minute to grab hold of the moments in my life that matter.
Moments that flash before me, and are over before they even have time to be captured and become a memory.

Why is this?

Because there are many times I have felt that nothing lasts forever.
A sad realization, but it seems that nothing ever lasts long enough that allows you enough time to cherish it, the way it truly deserves.
Precious things, moments, people, that seem to just burn away...
and all you are left with are small remnants,
and a coldness in your heart and mind...
 where the warmth once raged.

How long will it be before my warmth for writing will also burn out before me? When will the last words and embers leave and no longer glow as brightly within me?
Will it ever leave me and just become a grey ash?

Or can I hold onto it long enough to watch it flourish and become something?
There is no way of truly knowing.
There are times that I feel that warm flame weaken. Times that I search for the right words and can not do so. A wind that I sometimes feel I am up against...
 that tries to extinguish my flame.

All I do know is that whether this, 
or other things will prematurely leave my life, I choose to savour the warmth of the fire now... and hope that against the odds, the embers last, 
and burn forever.






No comments:

Post a Comment