Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Chapters .

To many people, I am an unopened book. 
Chapters upon chapters, each page, a small window into my story.
I come across people everyday. Some acquaintances, some being complete strangers laying in a hospital bed as I try to help, some a mere happenstance of crossing paths in a grocery aisle  and some people that I have known for years and years.
No matter who it is, the sad fact is people rarely read past the first chapter of who you are, and build an opinion upon it. How do they know who I am by simply skimming the pages? 
And honestly, it can feel like quite a bit of pressure at times. A need to show your "highlighted paragraphs" and all your great "bookmarks." To give them a desire to look deeper into you, a want to turn the page, and proceed to Chapter 2.
But I have come to realize although many people may not know me, the right, and very few people do.
Be an open book.
Let your aura and smile be your "book cover," and your personality give you that great "best seller" sticker on the front. The right people will jump in heads first and ingrain themselves in your story. The good chapters... and the bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment